Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What is a scented wax warmer?

         In order to understand my addiction, you must first understand what my addiction is. So, what is a scented wax warmer? Well, let me tell you! A scented wax warmer is a decorated ceramic vessel (a vase if you will) that uses a 25w light bulb to heat up the lid. The lid gets warm and heats up wax cubes (if you don't know what wax cubes are, I will discuss that in a moment) that melt and release the smell of the cubes into your home. Sounds kind of like a candle right? I guess in a way, the concept is the same, but what is so great about scented wax warmers is that there is no wick, no fire is involved, and they look way better than any candle I have ever seen! You just screw the light bulb into the inside of your vessel, place the lid on top, plug it into the wall, pop a cube of wax (or 2, or 3, or however many you like) into the lid, and sit back and enjoy! Allow me to show you one of my warmers. This is a Fizz Full Sized Warmer made and sold by Scentsy (don't know what Scentsy is? I'll explain that too! Later though) .........
This was the very first warmer I purchased and it was the start of my addiction. I'll talk more about that later, but for now I just want to show you what a scented wax warmer is and how it works. This is just one of the thousands of different styles available. Notice it has a base, a lid, and a power cord. There is also a 25w light bulb located inside the base of the warmer.

The first step in setting up your warmer is to screw in the light bulb. No, that is not my hand, it is my boyfriend's hand. Just take off the lid and you will see where the light bulb belongs. The next step is replacing the lid and then plug the power cord into a standard 120v AC outlet. Now comes the fun part...
These are scented wax cubes!
They come in a variety of colors, smells, shapes, and sizes.
The ones shown above are from Scentsy. They are also known as scented wax tarts, wax potpourri, wax tarts, scented wax melts, ect. Most of these cubes come in awesome little clam shell cases. Wax cubes are warmed within the lid of the warmer. It is alot stronger than a traditional candle because it can hold more fragrance oil. The best part of it all is that no fire is involved, and so you don't have to worry about soot, lead, smoke, or your house going up in flames!
Turn your warmer on by simply clicking the switch that is located on your power cord into the "on" position.
You will know for sure that your warmer is on when you can see the light bulb click to life inside the base of the warmer.
Next, all you have to do is break off a cube of wax and place it safely inside the lid of your warmer.
Isn't it so cute when it lights up?! Warmers can add decorative flare to any room in your house! I chose to put 2 cubes of wax into my warmer but you can put only 1 in if you wish. You can also mix scents by placing two or three cubes with different fragrances into the warmer.

Most warmers look awesome in the dark as well and can serve for an adorable, fashionable night light!

All that is left to do is wait and in about 5 minutes or less, I promise you the room will fill with a scent that you selected (so you know it is going to smell awesome!) and
you can just sit back and enjoy! Be prepared for visitors to ask you how your house smells so wonderful! I will be getting into products and reviews in the near future, but now you know what a scented warmer and wax cubes are! But be careful, because you may just become a waxaholic like me! ;)

**I do not sell or endorse any of the products mentioned above. Anything said or expressed is purely my own opinion and view.**

You can find information on or purchase any of the products seen or mentioned above directly from the Scentsy website. Just click the link right here!




7 comments:

  1. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative.. Wax melt burner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wax melters and burners Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wax melts UK Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. Wax melts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative.. Wax melts

    ReplyDelete
  6. You’ve got some interesting points in this article. I would have never considered any of these if I didn’t come across this. Thanks!. candles

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is new thing for me Busy Bee Brazilian Wax Thanks for letting us know about the scented wax warmer

    ReplyDelete